[Openstack] Quantum Integration Part 3

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Fri Apr 27 15:28:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:32 AM, Emilien Macchi <emilien.openstack at gmail.com
> wrote:

> **
> Hi again,
>

> After inverstigation, it finally works.
>

> I have the network on my instances in using Quantum.
>

> The fact was I've follow official OVS documentation, and you should not
> follow this direction :
>
> ovs-vsctl add-port br-int eth1

Hi Emilien,

Which mode are you running OVS in?  VLAN or tunneled?  If you are using
VLAN-mode (default) you need to add some physical interface to br-int, so
that VLANs are trunked to the physical network.  Is it possible that eth1
was also the interface you were using for IP communication on the box?
 That definitely won't work with OVS or the linux bridge.  I'll improve the
docs around that to make this more clear.

> If you see on the logs file of OVS, you can see that the bridge will not
> work properly... that's why my instances did not get the network.

Can you ping me with the error messages (can be offlist)?  I still don't
understand what you misconfigured, or how you fixed it.

> I've tried "ovs-vsctl del-port br-int eth1", restart all the services and
> now, all is working.
>

> I have now a dual-node with : Nova-*, Glance, Quantum (without
> authentification), Keystone, and Horizon (without Quantum UI yet).

Great to hear.  As I mentioned in a previous post, Horizon + Quantum isn't
complete.  You won't be able to create networks using Horizon, or boot VMs
while specifying a particular set of vNICs.  If you're interested in
helping this work move forward more quickly, I'm happy to put you in touch
with the right people.

Dan

--
Dan Wendlandt