[Openstack] [OpenStack][Nova] Minimum required code coverage per file

Sean Dague sdague at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Apr 27 14:03:52 UTC 2012

On 04/27/2012 04:12 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Joe Gordon wrote:
>> It would nice to initially see the code coverage delta per merge
>> proposal as a comment in gerrit (similar to SmokeStack), and not as a
>> gating factor.
>
> +1
>
> Sounds like a good way to evaluate how blocking it should be, and use it
> to make more informed decisions on the quality of a patch.

+1

I think any new proposed commit gate should be run in an informative
only state for a while first just to get a feel of how it would change
the development process, and if the information is useful on a per
commit basis. SmokeStack has been a great prover of that approach so far.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
IBM Linux Technology Center