[Openstack] Pending reviews

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Apr 26 15:17:43 UTC 2012

On 04/26/2012 04:49 AM, Michael Still wrote:
> On 26/04/12 02:28, Mandar Vaze / मंदार वझे wrote:
>> It would be great if someone can spare some time to have a look at these :
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/6451/ : I've addressed comments from
>> first review cycle - Second patch set needs to be reviewed and
>> approved
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/6452/ : Brad Hall reviewed - But more
>> review and/or approval needed.
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/6076/  : Chuck Short and Kevin
>> Mitchell said "Looks good" - But approval still needed.
>
> I'm in the same state, with many reviews which need eyeballs.

There's something like 7 pages of open reviews on gerrit.  The project
has a good kind of problem with so many people trying to contribute.
The question now is how to scale the development processes to handle
that growth.

It was nice to see a number of discussions at the summit in this area.
The biggest backlog is nova, and there are discussions of both splitting
parts out to make nova smaller, as well as adopting feature branches and
merge windows.  The feature branches could have more reviewers that are
experts in that area, but not necessarily nova-core.  Hopefully these
things will help in the Folsom cycle.

Thanks to all of the core reviewers who regularly invest time into
reviewing submissions!  :-)

--
Russell Bryant