[Openstack] Quantum Integration Part 3

Emilien Macchi emilien.openstack at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:13:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

As I can see, nobody has replied to my last e-mail since yesterday, but
I'm sure you want to know the situation.

You can see my architecture :
https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/pdfD4HBwoSR2Y.pdf

I've finally installed Quantum-server on essex-1 and solved a lot of
"smalls" issues.

For example, Quantum does not work with Keystone : When nova-network
send an API call to Quantum-server, the token is missing in the HTTP
HEADER. I've disabled Keystone at this time.

- What is working at this time :

    - Quantum-Server with MySQL
    - Quantum-Agent (with OVS) on each nova-compute node
    - OVS bridge with eth1
    -  nova-network seems working with Quantum

- What is not working (yet !) :

    - When I create an instance (from dashboard or with Nova CLI), the
network is created with Quantum, an private IP is attributed to the
instance, but when I check the instance log file, the network interface
doesn't get an IP adress. Here the log :
http://paste.openstack.org/show/13821
    - Horizon with Quantum : I can't integrate Quantum in the dashboard
even with
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/build-and-configure-openstack-dashboard.html

Here my nova.conf :

--dhcpbridge_flagfile=/etc/nova/nova.conf
--dhcpbridge=/usr/bin/nova-dhcpbridge
--logdir=/var/log/nova
--state_path=/var/lib/nova
--lock_path=/var/lock/nova
--allow_admin_api=true
--use_deprecated_auth=false
--auth_strategy=keystone
--scheduler_driver=nova.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler
--s3_host=10.X.X.40
--ec2_host=10.X.X.40
--rabbit_host=10.X.X.40
--cc_host=10.X.X.40
--nova_url=http://10.X.X.40:8774/v1.1/
--routing_source_ip=10.X.X.40
--glance_api_servers=10.X.X.40:9292
--image_service=nova.image.glance.GlanceImageService
--iscsi_ip_prefix=192.168.68
--sql_connection=mysql://nova:XXXXX@10.X.X.40/nova
--ec2_url=http://10.X.X.40:8773/services/Cloud
--keystone_ec2_url=http://10.X.X.40:5000/v2.0/ec2tokens
--api_paste_config=/etc/nova/api-paste.ini
--libvirt_type=kvm
--libvirt_use_virtio_for_bridges=true
--start_guests_on_host_boot=true
--resume_guests_state_on_host_boot=true
--novnc_enable=true
--novncproxy_base_url=http://10.X.X.40:6080/vnc_auto.html
--vncserver_proxyclient_address=10.X.X.40
--vncserver_listen=10.X.X.40

#Quantum :
--network_manager=nova.network.quantum.manager.QuantumManager
--linuxnet_interface_driver=nova.network.linux_net.LinuxOVSInterfaceDriver
--quantum_use_dhcp=True

--public_interface=eth0
--flat_interface=eth1
--flat_network_bridge=br100
--fixed_range=192.168.68.0/24
--floating_range=10.X.X.50/24
--network_size=256
--flat_network_dhcp_start=192.168.68.129
--flat_injected=False
--force_dhcp_release
--iscsi_helper=tgtadm
--connection_type=libvirt
--root_helper=sudo nova-rootwrap
--verbose

And my nova-compute.conf :

--libvirt_type=kvm
--libvirt_ovs_bridge=br-int
--libvirt_vif_type=ethernet
--libvirt_vif_driver=nova.virt.libvirt.vif.LibvirtOpenVswitchDriver

For OpenvSwitch, I have followed
http://openvswitch.org/openstack/documentation/

For Quantum :
http://docs.openstack.org/incubation/openstack-network/admin/content/
with some tips.

I use Ubuntu 12.04 up to date with OpenStack Essex.

I can feel that I'm really close to have the network on my VM...

If someone as an idea or can see a mistake... I'm looking forward to
read you.

Best regards

--
Emilien Macchi