[Openstack] Nova and external NFS

Sergio Ariel de la Campa Saiz sacampa at gmv.com
Wed Apr 25 15:18:34 UTC 2012

Hello:

I have found some examples to configure NFS in Nova. But all of them use one of the hosts as NFS server. In my case, I need to use an external NFS server, which do not have installed OpenStack.
I have been working on it but I have found some problems. For example: when I created a new instance these are the files that were created:

root at opst1:~# ll /nfs/NOVA-INST-DIR/instances/instance-00000015/
total 29284
drwxrwxr-x 2 nobody nogroup     4096 abr 25  2012 ./
drwxrwxrwx 4 root   root        4096 abr 25  2012 ../
-rw-rw---- 1 root   root           0 abr 25  2012 console.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root   root    25165824 abr 25  2012 disk
-rw-r--r-- 1 root   root     6291968 abr 25  2012 disk.local
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root   root     4790624 abr 25  2012 kernel
-rw-rw-r-- 1 nobody nogroup     1856 abr 25  2012 libvirt.xml
Instead of libvirt-qemu and kvm, root is the owner of the files.

Please.. help me about it

Thanks a lot...

Sergio Ariel
de la Campa Saiz