[Openstack] Canonical AWSOME

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Tue Apr 24 17:53:37 UTC 2012

> The change was just to the fake rpc backend to help catch more errors in
> unit tests where non-primitive types are getting passed into rpc.

My current code should still work, but the tests seem to have eliminated the more generic exception handling case with the assumption that testing the exceptions and the exception serialization/deserialization is sufficient.

That said, I'd rather utilize *more* stuff from rpc.common, so won't complain too badly. I know that the ZeroMQ driver could be thinned a bit, by better using some of the primitives available in rpc.common and we might be able to refactor some of the stuff in ampq.py to be more generically useful (maybe).  Right now, none of that is a huge concern to me, we can get it integrated and do the DRY later.

--
Eric Windisch