[Openstack] Heat API v2 released!

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 15:41:16 UTC 2012

Hi,

Heat is a AWS CloudForm API implementation for OpenStack.  The purpose
of the software is to orchestrate resources (including virtual machines,
networks, storage) into a running cloud application.  The software
converts an AWS template into native OpenStack API calls and provides a
REST API to access the template (called a stack).  Our development
community has been busy over the last 3 weeks working on our second
release.  New in this release is:

+ composite instance support
+ floating IP support
+ security group support
+ volume support
+ improved keystone authentication
+ sqlalchemy database support
+ amqp engine support
+ describe API implementation
+ events_list API implementation
+ improved delete API implementation
+ better JEOS security
+ cfn tools implementation
+ Improved template library examples

We have also started working on a roadmap.  If your interested in seeing
our roadmap work, check out:

https://github.com/heat-api/heat/wiki

To get started with the code check out:

https://github.com/heat-api/heat/wiki/Getting-Started-with-Heat-v2-M1

And download the tag from here:
https://github.com/heat-api/heat/tarball/v2-M1.release

If you want to contribute to the software or are having trouble getting
started, join us on #heat on freenode irc or our mailing list at
http://ists.heat-api.org/mailman/listinfo

Regards
-steve