[Openstack] Using Nova APIs from Javascript: possible?

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 14:31:08 UTC 2012

On 04/24/2012 10:19 AM, Nick Lothian wrote:
> JSONP is great, but won't work with POST requests.
>
> I don't quite understand what "Due to the redirect nature of the auth
> system" means, though.

Sorry, I am working on a few things that are related.  OpenID and
various other systems have issues along these lines that are due to the
fact that they are done with redirects.  UI'll try to be clearer in the
future.

That actually works fine because the token is not in the header when it
comes from Keystone.  However,  if you were to post toa web app that
then needed to make your browser post to a remote system (which is where
the same origin policy comes in to play)  you need to set that Auth
token into a custom header,  and Javascript is forbidden to do that.
Yes,  the Javascript can say "post to glance" or some other openstack
API server,  but it can't set the X auth header with the token from
Keystone in order to make the call authenticated.