[Openstack] Monitoring / Billing Architecture proposed

Monsyne Dragon mdragon at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Apr 24 13:06:29 UTC 2012

Yes,  we emit bandwidth (bytes in/out) on a per VIF basis from each instance The event has the somewhat generic name of 'compute.instance.exists'  and is emitted on an periodic basis, currently by a cronjob.
Currently, we only populate bandwidth data from XenServer, but if the hook is implemented for  the kvm, etc drivers, it will be picked up automatically for them as well.

Note that we could report other metrics similarly.

--
	Monsyne M. Dragon
	OpenStack/Nova