[Openstack] Quantum Integration in Essex

OpenStack-Lists emilien.openstack at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 08:31:51 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

Follow up to my last e-mail about my project to integrate Quantum in
Essex with Ubuntu 12.04, I want to expose my "use case".

I think a good schema is better like 1000 words... So please open in
attachment my PDF file.

I give you some precisions :

- 10.X.X.X/16 must be seen like "Public IP"
- on each server : eth0 is public int, and eth1 is private int.
- I want to use Open-vSwitch at first.
- My Quantum-Server is a virtual machine hosted by this infrastructure

What is working now :

- Without Quantum : all services (Nova, Glance, Keystone, Horizon) and
the VM are working.
- With Quantum Integration (nova.conf & nova-compute.conf modified,
service enabled on Quantum-Server), agent started on compute) : I'm
going to try it today (and this week). I will report my bugs / problems.

I have some questions :

-  What do you think about my Quantum-Server which is a VM ? Is it a
problem ?
- What I need to configure on my compute servers for Open-vSwitch ?

I give you the documentations I've followed :

- http://openvswitch.org/openstack/documentation/
-
http://www.hastexo.com/resources/docs/installing-openstack-essex-20121-ubuntu-1204-precise-pangolin
- http://docs.openstack.org/incubation/openstack-network/admin/content/

I'm preparing a documentation "up to date" in which you'll find some
things in more than the "official" documentation.

Please feel free to give any suggestion, I'm looking forward to read the
OpenStack community about this use case.

Best regards,

--
Emilien Macchi
Phone : +33 685 117 748