[Openstack] Canonical AWSOME

Andy Edmonds andy at edmonds.be
Mon Apr 23 21:16:48 UTC 2012

+1 on this. Implementing adapter style code may also introduce additional
state maintenance within the proxy/adapter to the eventual target API and
if not at a minimum more complexity. Also care would be needed to avoid
leaky abstractions [1]. However, I don't necessarily agree that a REST
endpoint (esp. stateless ones like OSAPI) can't be scaled easily.

Justin makes a very interesting point with regard to the non-extensible
nature of the EC2 API (unlike that of OSAPI or OCCI). Perhaps it is an 'API
parity' challenge ( i.e. where API X is functionally equivalent to OSAPI)
and solution (having the ability and maintaining parity) that is key to the
discussion?

.2c

Andy
andy.edmonds.be