[Openstack] Canonical AWSOME

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Mon Apr 23 19:31:26 UTC 2012

There seemed to be a strong agreement at the summit regarding the need for contracts on those "private" apis. This is because those APIs are no longer really private, they're shared amongst incubated projects.  Furthermore, it seems this may be required to support version heterogeneity during upgrades with versioned RPC calls.

The incubated projects could use REST APIs, but we're talking of introducing artificial scaling and reliability constraints to do that.  It seems far better to me, if we can have contracts on those internal APIs and use them between the incubated projects.  There is a strong enough push to maintain these versions *anyway*.

--
Eric Windisch