[Openstack] Quantum deployment on Essex

OpenStack-Lists emilien.openstack at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 19:22:22 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

My name is Emilien, I'm a french student in University and I'm working
on OpenStack for a internship project.

I'm working on Quantum deployment at this time, and I would like to
share with you my work.

I have two physicals servers for "playing", and I've setup a dual-node
infrastructure with Essex on Ubuntu 12.04.

Server 1 :

Ubuntu 12.04

All nova services, Glance, Horizon, Keystone and Quantum-agent (coming
soon).

Two Nic cards : one public network, one private network.

Server 2 :

Ubuntu 12.04

Nova-compute & Quantum-agent (coming soon)

Two Nic cards : one public network, one private network.

For the installation, I've followed differents documentations :

-
http://www.hastexo.com/resources/docs/installing-openstack-essex-20121-ubuntu-1204-precise-pangolin

-
http://cssoss.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/openstackbookv2-0_csscorp.pdf

- Official documentation of OpenStack

I met a lot of troubles during the deployment (and it's only the
beginning I think), so I would like if someone here has tried to setup
Quantum, and which use case he did.

My goal is to use Open-vSwitch plugin and to try QoS applied to the VMs.
For exemple, each tenant has each QoS policy. This is actually a
Proof-of-concept, and this is not fixed !

I can say now what is working and not :

- All nova services : Yes, without VNC access (I have a 404 error, and I
will fix it next week I think).
- Glance : Yes
- Keystone : Yes
- Horizon : Yes (without Swift & Quantum plugins)
- Quantum : In progress : I've tried to setup Quantum-server in a VM for
pre-production, and I met a lot of troubles but now, it seems ready for
testing Monday with Open-vSwitch
- Open-vSwitch : I don't know which interface to connect on physical
ETH : public ? private ? If someone can help me to this subject...

I want to precise that all my services are running with MySQL
connection.

Maybe some people is interesting about my work, and please don't
hesitate to contact me.

I can of course share my confs files, or anything else.

Best regards

--
Emilien Macchi
Skype : memilien69