[Openstack] Resource utilization

Szymon Grzybowski semyazz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:17:01 UTC 2012

Is there any way to get information about resource utilization from
Openstack? Any hidden API or something like that? I'm looking for
statistics about CPU, RAM usage etc. both from server itself (host) and
Instances (Virtual Machines) inside openstack, because i'd like to write
some piece of software which could analyze those data and for example,
migrate one VM to another Host. Is it possible to do this right now in
Openstack? Because all i can see on dashboard are stats about instance's
type. I've seen in docs something about live-migration, but i can't find
openstack's way to get informations about resources.

Where should i look for it in code if there is no official api, because
Openstack has to collect such data right?

--
*Semy*