[Openstack] [HPC] Etherpad for Bridging the HPC Gap with OpenStack

Brian Schott brian.schott at nimbisservices.com
Thu Apr 19 17:03:50 UTC 2012

Thank you for those who participated in the Bridging the HPC Gap with OpenStack session.  It was a very productive discussion with a strong consensus to keep the momentum going for a robust HPC community in OpenStack.  It was clear that there is a technical capability in the community around HPC, but we could do a better job of working together across teams.

The Etherpad from the session is located at the link below.
http://bit.ly/openstack-hpc
http://etherpad.openstack.org/HVHsTqOQGc

Here is a quick summary:
- Agreed to start using the HPC tag in the subject line so we can highlight our topic discussions.
- Discussed initiating birds-of-a-feather sessions at conferences like SC12 and IEEE Cluster
- Proposed a monthly OpenStack HPC conference call or virtual meet-up.
- Need to identify a central location to capture configuration guidelines and drivers/tools for HPC.
- Need to start blueprinting the pieces that are missing for HPC.

Checkout the EtherPad for more information.  Feel free to update/add to the continuing discussion.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Schott, CTO
Nimbis Services, Inc.