[Openstack] OpenStack Client Followup

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 06:07:57 UTC 2012

We had a good discussion about a unified OpenStack command line client
on Monday at the Design Summit.  The notes are in the Etherpad at
http://etherpad.openstack.org/FolsumCLI, I summarized my recollection
at the bottom; those who were there feel free to add the bits I
missed.

One of the first things to do is to find out who is interested in
contributing to this project.and hopefully coordinating some of the
work with the other emerging project-specific clients.  Send me an
email and I'll build a list to get the discussion started.

We also should look for some consensus on the name of the command
itself.  'oscli' is a placeholder, and while sufficiently short and
unique for my tastes it is hard to pronounce and remember.  The
leading candidates I have heard at the summit so far are 'openstack'
and 'stack'.  Let's gather some feedback at the bottom of the Etherpad
about this as I am sure there are other opinions out there.

Thanks
dt

--

Dean Troyer