[Openstack] nova.conf query

Sean Dague sdague at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Apr 18 06:05:32 UTC 2012

On 04/16/2012 06:17 AM, Salman Malik wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A quick question regarding nova.conf: How can I modify nova.conf and get
> it to work with devstack. The problem that I am facing is after
> modifying nova.conf, I have to reboot so as to restart services. But
> when I reboot, devstack needs to be reinstalled all over again using
> stack.sh and in the process it rewrites /etc/nova/nova.conf.

devstack supports an EXTRA_OPTS flag in it's localrc that will let you
set additional values in there. You can set more than one flag by using
bash arrays, i.e.:

EXTRA_OPTS=(logdir=/var/log/nova auto_assign_floating_ip=True)

If you are using devstack, it's quite worth reading through the script
as well. It's pretty well documented, and there are lots of gems in
there like that.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague