[Openstack] (no subject)

clouder1 at hush.com clouder1 at hush.com
Tue Apr 17 03:07:49 UTC 2012

Hi,
Apparently OpenStack essex release supports Rados Block Devices (RBD)
in nova-volume,however I was wondering what is the usability status of
these drivers?
Are the drivers complete, or even working? (I'm not saying they're
not, I'm just askingbefore venturing deep in trying).
While I've seen in the nova code some references/drivers to RBD, I
couldn't findany documentation on how to use it concretely. Is there
any howto or anywhere that I missed?
Is RBD supported at every levels in OpenStack?- glance store image
directly to RBD?- nova-volume creating RBD volumes? (apparently
supported)- nova-compute spawning RBD-backed VM instances using
libvirt+KVM?
There was a "Ceph Lords" talk in California organized by
Ceph/DreamHost/OpenStack folks,however I could not find any PDF
downloadables for those who could not attend..
Any pointer would be greatly appareciated. Thanks

Regards,James