[Openstack] Just JSON, and extensibility

Caitlin Bestler Caitlin.Bestler at nexenta.com
Mon Apr 16 22:12:18 UTC 2012

ZFS feature flags are different on two important fronts.

First, they are binary. There is an intrinsic limit to the number claimable and no reason not to think that two project would not claim the same binary value.

More importantly, ZFS has a very specific challenge caused by Oracle maintaining their own closed source repository. There is a specific challenge in trying
To import a file system created under a closed repository to a file system built on the open repository (or vise versa).

Maybe I'm missing something, but where is the scenario for an openstack deployment that is built from mixed repositories?