[Openstack] Essex on RHEL 6.2 and Cent OS 6.2

Michael Pittaro mikeyp at lahondaresearch.org
Mon Apr 16 15:57:14 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Salman A Baset <sabaset at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Has anyone tried to install Essex compute, and cloud controller on RHEL 6.2
> or Cent OS 6.2? Any experiences?
>
> We tried to install Openstack Essex (2012) release on RHEL 6.2. Since there
> are no packages ready for it, we tried to use Fedora 16, 17 and 18 packages.
> In all cases, we found that it not only requires a large number of
> dependencies, as some of them are only available in the not yet released
> RHEL 6.3 (like dnsmasq-utils), but that it also requires python 2.7.

DeStackPy has support for RHEL 6.2 and Fedora 16.   It's not a
production installer, but it will help you with the various
dependencies.

http://readthedocs.org/docs/devstackpy/en/latest/
https://github.com/yahoo/Openstack-DevstackPy

The Essex release notes also have some distro information:

http://wiki.openstack.org/ReleaseNotes/Essex#Known_packaged_distributions

mike