[Openstack] Unable to ping launched Instance

Salman Malik salmanmk at live.com
Sun Apr 15 15:19:15 UTC 2012

For some reason, all this time I had been thinking that I have been running 64 bit Ubuntu.
But yes, you pointed out the exact problem.
Thanks a lot !

Salman

From: mihgen at gmail.com
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 01:13:08 -0700
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Unable to ping launched Instance
To: salmanmk at live.com
CC: marton.kiss at gmail.com; openstack at lists.launchpad.net

Hi,you presumably running i686 VirtualBox VM for the OpenStack,but the cirros instance in devstack requires x86_64 machine.qemu emulates i686 if host is i686.
Try to recreate base OS in VirtualBox in a 64bit mode.

If you name your machine like 'Linux_11.10_64bit', VirtualBox will automaticallyconfigure x86_64 CPU emulation.
Regards,