[Openstack] Essex, horizon, floating ip pool and compute node

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at managedit.ie
Sun Apr 15 13:12:13 UTC 2012

It sounds like you may be trying to use OpenStack in an unusual way.
OpenStack is intended for use by service providers, and as such, details
such as which server an instance is running are are irrelevant to the
customer.

Normally, all nodes running nova-network in a given
region/cluster/cell/zone/whatever would be able use the same set of
floating IPs.

Each server having it's own private pool would severely hamper a service
provider's ability to, for example, perform maintenance on a hardware node.

Thanks,
Kiall