[Openstack] Endpoints problems

Adam Gandelman adamg at canonical.com
Fri Apr 13 19:34:43 UTC 2012

On 04/13/2012 10:50 AM, Dolph Mathews wrote:
> While $(tenant_id)s is certainly the documented syntax, it appears
> that the SQL catalog backend (and *only* the SQL catalog backend, as
> far as I can tell) explicitly supports both $(tenant_id)s and
> %(tenant_id)s:
>
> https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/master/keystone/catalog/backends/sql.py#L163
>
> Perhaps Adam Gandelman has some insight?
>
> -Dolph

Dolph-

No, the same is supported in the case of templated catalog as well,
which is what the SQL catalog was largely based off:

https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/master/keystone/catalog/backends/templated.py#L115

Just tested that "sed -i 's/\$/%/g'
/etc/keystone/default_catalog.templates" still produces a functional
service catalog when configured to use the templated backend.

Seeing as both are supported, perhaps it would be better for docs to be
updated to refer to the use of % instead of $ to avoid people running
into problems with the $() sub-shell?

Adam