[Openstack] running HA cluster of guests within openstack

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Fri Apr 13 11:53:48 UTC 2012

On 04/13/2012 10:31 AM, ikke wrote:
> I likely am not the first one to ask this, but since I didn't find a
> thread about it I start one.
>
> Is there any shared experience available what are the capabilities of
> OpenStack to run cluster of guests in the cloud? Do you have
> experience of the following questions, or links to more info? The
> questions relate to running a legacy HA cluster in virtual env, and
> moving it into cloud...

I'll just point out two early stage projects
that used in combination can provide a HA solution.

http://wiki.openstack.org/Heat
http://wiki.openstack.org/ResourceMonitorAlertsandNotifications

These are similar to AWS CloudFormations and CloudWatch respectively.

cheers,
Pádraig.