[Openstack] Endpoints problems

Atul Jha Atul.Jha at csscorp.com
Fri Apr 13 05:06:45 UTC 2012

Hi,
From: openstack-bounces+atul.jha=csscorp.com at lists.launchpad.net [openstack-bounces+atul.jha=csscorp.com at lists.launchpad.net] on behalf of Anne Gentle [anne at openstack.org]
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 10:03 AM
To: Pete Zaitcev
Cc: Openstack Mail List
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Endpoints problems

Thanks all!

And thanks for not saying "It's a Python Thing You Wouldn't Understand." :)

Yeah I do want a definitive answer but it's always good for me to learn to read code.

Then again, things like replace('$(', '%(') make me go hmm...

One last clarification, this $(tenant_id)s should be used for both nova and volume endpoints, right?

Yes.
Nova-volume and Swift as well.

Thanks,

Anne

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev at redhat.com<mailto:zaitcev at redhat.com>> wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 15:28:21 -0500
Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org<mailto:anne at openstack.org>> wrote:

> keystone --token 012345SECRET99TOKEN012345 --endpoint
> http://192.168.206.130:35357/v2.0 endpoint-create \
>[....]
>                        --internalurl
> http://192.168.206.130:8774/v2/$(tenant_id)s<http://192.168.206.130:8774/v2/$%28tenant_id%29s>
>
> I haven't fixed this yet because I'm not sure if the $(tenant_id)s is
> literal or which tenant_id specifically to use (the Service tenant for the
> adminurl possibly)?

The expression "$(tenant_id)s" is really contained inside the pattern
in the database. It is substituded with a specific tennant ID when
an application makes its request. The weird syntax is inherited from
Python, where one can use constructs like %s or %(key)s.

-- Pete

http://www.csscorp.com/common/email-disclaimer.php