[Openstack] The Scheduling feature when reboot the instance

Văn Đình Phúc phucvdb at bkav.com.vn
Thu Apr 12 11:10:27 UTC 2012

Hi.

I'm using Openstack (2011.3
(2011.3-nova-milestone-tarball:tarmac-20110922115702-k9nkvxqzhj130av2) with 3
Compute nodes.

My scheduling option is default.

I have the problem as the following steps:

    Compute node 1 is installed the modules: nova-api, nova-compute and
    nova-network.
    The resource of node-1 max is fitfor 3 instances (m1.small): i-00000001,
    i-00000002, i-00000003.
    I turn off i-00000001.
    and then I request new ínstance by the euca-run-instance command , My new
    instance ( i-00000004) is located on the node 1.
    The resources: RAM , CPU,.. of node-2 and node-3 is available.
    finally, I reboot the i-00000001.What is happen? the i-00000001 is rebooted
    on the node-1 , and It's shutdown off after reboot.I checked the libvirt's
    log :

    "Failed to allocate 2147483648 B: Cannot allocate memory
    2012-04-12 16:11:50.530: shutting down"

So , Do Openstack have the sheduling feature when rebooting the instance ?

Example: As above , My instance (i-00000001) will be migrated to node-2 or
node-3 when the resource of node-1 is not available.

Văn Äình Phúc
Manager - Cloud Team

Techno Department

Bkav Specialization Division

Office: Bkav Building - Yen Hoa New Town, Cau Giay Dist, Hanoi

Tel: (84-4) 3763.2552

Mobile: 0169 4702 388

Do your best, the rest will come !

Hãy làm việc hết mình, những Ä‘iá»u tốt
đẹp sẽ đến với bạn !

Disclaimer: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
may contain privileged information. It is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you
are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying,
information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete completely this
e-mail from your system, without reproducing, distributing or retaining copies.