[Openstack] I18n issue for OpenStack

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Apr 12 08:47:15 UTC 2012

Sean Dague wrote:
> If we want to think about OpenStack as a basic building block like
> Apache, i18n is critical. Otherwise there are regions that won't adopt
> it solely because of a lack of i18n.

Note that Apache HTTPd, for instance, does not seem to internationalize
its error messages. Only the (enduser-facing) HTML pages it gives back

> Is there a metric on the completeness so far? Something automated that
> could be a jenkins coverage kind of test?

Oddly enough, it's not a question of completeness of translations.
Piggybacking on the awesome Launchpad Translations community always gave
us great coverage. It's more a code support and CI integration issue.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack