[Openstack] [Openstack-operators] Health & Monitoring Blueprints

Duncan McGreggor duncan at dreamhost.com
Wed Apr 11 21:16:03 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Matt Joyce <matt at nycresistor.com> wrote:
> Problem of course is many operators aren't on the design summit
> contributor list ( ala don't have codes to get into it ) and if it's
> later it's 500 USD to attend.
>
> Maybe not the best means of collaborating on something that effects them deeply.
>
> Pondering that.

That's a really good point. In the post-conference conversations that
deal with attendance policy, this should be kept in mind.

In lieu of not being able to attend in person, keep in mind the
live-casting that will be done, in combination with IRC channels. When
I led tracks at Ubuntu Developer Summits, we were able to keep remote
attendees closely in the loop. As non-optimal as this may be, we can
still work hard to get the best out of it.

I'm not sure it the Design Summit will be projecting IRC chat on a
screen for each session (like is done at UDS); at the very least, I
can make sure I'm on Freenode and can act as a proxy -- ensuring any
questions or concerns from IRC get audibly voiced and become part of
the conversation. I will be attending all of the DevOps (and related)
sessions, as long as they don't conflict.

Thanks for bringing this up,