[Openstack] Management API Blueprint

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 21:01:08 UTC 2012

FYI there were existing blueprints covering some of this functionality here:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/admin-cli
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/admin-service-actions

I like the detailed features in the wiki.  A few notes:

a) managing one administrative api across multiple projects is going to be difficult, might be good to focus on each project individually, perhaps pushing some common code into openstack-common.
b) users/projects/roles is out of scope for nova, this can be administered through keystone + keystone-client
c) a lot of administrative features are already in the nova cli (you can delete networks but not create them yet)

I think there will be some serious weight behind the operational support team in this cycle.  Would love to see nova-manage + talking directly to the db go boom. For now i will target this blueprint to the nova-operations team to sort out vs other blueprints.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/~nova-operations