[Openstack] ERROR: string indices must be integers, not str

Guilherme Birk guibirk at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 17:07:36 UTC 2012

I've got OpenStack working with this tutorial http://www.hastexo.com/resources/docs/installing-openstack-essex-20121-ubuntu-1204-precise-pangolin.

Now I'm trying to deploy a new installation with the official manual, http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/content/index.html. I can access dashboard, upload images and other things, but when I try to execute a nova list, or after connect to dashboard, I got this error: "ERROR: string indices must be integers, not str."

Anyone had this problem too? Maybe some wrong configuration?