[Openstack] [openstack][keystone] Service isolation?

Joseph Heck heckj at mac.com
Wed Apr 11 02:55:33 UTC 2012

Liem -

WIth the essex release, the roles are exactly the same as they we defined in the Diablo release - to be interpreted entirely by the service.  Role is not defined beyond that point. Role was originally defined as per-tenant, so an "Admin" role on service tenant is, in effect, an "uber-admin" across all systems at this time. This accounts are, however, intended for services to be interacting agnostic of the user. Users do not, and should not, be assigned a role to this same tenant unless you're intending them to have that uber-admin permission - and that's as a side effect.

There's lots of conversation going on about the need to represent multiple roles, and have those roles relative to a number of different factors. Your own (HPs) domain suggestion is a perfect example of such.

I'm looking forward to HP's talk about domains and suggestions for improving RBAC at the design summit.

-joe