[Openstack] Metadata and File Injection (code summit session?)

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Tue Apr 10 22:15:05 UTC 2012

On 4/10/12 5:04 PM, Justin Santa Barbara wrote:
> Can you please share that use case?  I'm especially interested in
> finding use cases that would not better be better served by e.g. SSH
> or Zookeeper or Corosync..

The immediate use case I have in mind is to support this:
http://wiki.openstack.org/PackageConfigForNova .  That design requires
periodic checkins between an instance agent and a nova driver.  It
certainly /could/ be implemented using ssh, but I originally wrote the
design imagining there was a ready-made, standard communication service,
and I still think it would be convenient.