[Openstack] Image API v2 Draft 4

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at managedit.ie
Mon Apr 9 21:08:42 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Justin Santa Barbara <justin at fathomdb.com>wrote:

> When you're designing JSON considering only JSON, you'd probably use {
> key1: value1 } - as you have done.  If you're designing generically, you'd
> probably use { key: key1, value: value1 }.

I, literally. die a little inside each and every time I see this kind of
JSON. Once you start producing JSON like this, you may as well just stick
with XML. Parsing it will be easier.

JSON and XML have different strengths and weaknesses, if you only allow the
common ground of functionality to be used you end up with a mediocre at
best implementation of both.

Thanks,
Kiall