[Openstack] Nova database optimizing

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 20:13:43 UTC 2012

On 04/09/2012 03:02 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
> There are a lot of possible issues contained in this bug -
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/964824, which I'm happy to break
> out as separate issues to be handled in launchpad, so they can each be
> dealt with on their own merits.

Actually, if you make it a blueprint, you can use:

partially-implements bp <BLUEPRINT_NAME>

in your commit message(s) and the blueprint commentary will be
progressively updated by Gerrit to include links to all the relevant
patchsets.

You can see here for an example of how this occurs:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/api-2

Note that Gerrit automatically includes the text you see in the
Whiteboard area when it seems merge proposals with commits referencing
"partially-implements bp api-2"...

> But before I get started on this process, are there any objections to
> separating out the issues and just banging these out? Also, who are the
> right review folks for this?

I'll make sure I look into them all. I'd also recommend Monty Taylor,
Gabe Westmaas, Mark Washenberger, Brian Lamar, and/or Patrick Galbraith.

Best,
-jay