[Openstack] Can we use Openstack to sell only VPS?

Eric Dodemont eric.dodemont at skynet.be
Mon Apr 9 12:31:26 UTC 2012

Munesh,

OpenStack supports LXC (LinuX Container) through the use of libvirt. LXC
is a virtualization similar to Virtuozzo / OpenVZ (virtualization of the
OS, not of the HW).

Since version 2012.1 (Essex), volume attachment is supported.

Please note that LXC support is still having some problems, like this
(very annoying) one:

nova delete lxc-instance umounts the wrong rootfs
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/971621

Br,

Eric