[Openstack] [Nova-orchestration] Preliminary analysis of SpiffWorkflow

Ziad Sawalha ziad.sawalha at rackspace.com
Fri Apr 6 21:25:24 UTC 2012

Read my latest notes and let me know if that helps:
http://wiki.openstack.org/NovaOrchestration/WorkflowEngines/SpiffWorkflow

Two things to consider:
- you can consist the workflow definition (a.k.a. The Spec) - there are no
states in the definition
- you can persist the 'running' workflow (states are stored, and so is the
definition; a.k.a. the Spec)
- each task stores its own state.
- I drew a diagram here, but have not yet validated it with the author:
https://github.com/ziadsawalha/SpiffWorkflow/raw/c777401a4c2cee0171ac6e7354
2b052679f1e5e1/doc/figures/state-diagram.png