[Openstack] [Openstack-operators] [Ops] OpenStack and Operations: Input from the Wild

Matt Ray matt at opscode.com
Fri Apr 6 18:37:55 UTC 2012

I love the idea of providing a documented monitoring API for the
various components, so other tools would know what is exposed and why.
Closely related to this would be providing standardized logging and
documenting error conditions, so various tools could be applied to the
logs (splunk, syslog, logstash, etc.). Making OpenStack operationally
consistent would be a boon to anyone doing tooling to work with it,
rather than everyone having to rediscover what to look for. I'm not
sure it calls for another project per se because of the cross-cutting
concerns, but I could be convinced if OpenStack operations were given
more visibility and forethought.

Thanks,
Matt Ray
Senior Technical Evangelist | Opscode Inc.
matt at opscode.com | (512) 731-2218
Twitter, IRC, GitHub: mattray