[Openstack] Using glance to upload/add??

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Apr 5 18:38:34 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I was looking at the glance add command and I am trying to figure out how to use it to upload images to locations other than the "default_store = file"

How does one go about telling it which store should be used.

It seems like there is a location option, but that is the fully specified location, and I am unsure about that since the function that eventually gets called in these storage objects doesn't have/receive that.

    def add(self, image_id, image_file, image_size):

Is it expected that people will only add to locations that use the default_store?

Might be nice to actually be able to specify that, and resort to the default_store if its not provided (thus the reason its called default).

Thx!

-Josh