[Openstack] No official Diablo 2011.3.1 for oneiric?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Apr 5 09:47:34 UTC 2012

Philipp Wollermann wrote:
> am I right, that the official packages of openstack (nova) for Ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) were never updated to Diablo 2011.3.1 and no bug-fixes from after the initial release were ever included?
> I checked the change log of the nova packages, and it seems like the maintainers only fixed security issues.

The stable/diablo branches, and the resulting 2011.3.1 release, are a
cross-distro effort to maintain a stable version of past releases. Each
distribution of OpenStack follows its own rules on what patches it
backports, in the case of Ubuntu itself, it follows:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack