[Openstack] No networking for instances on second compute node

Alex Stellwag alex+launchpad at stellwag.net
Wed Apr 4 09:12:25 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have a two node Essex setup: One node is running all services
including -compute, the other node is only running nova-compute and
-network. When I launch an instance on the first node, everything is
fine but when I use the second (compute-only) node the instance gets no
ip address.

These are the network related settings from my nova.conf:

# Network
--network_manager=nova.network.manager.FlatDHCPManager
--cc_host=192.168.122.2
--ec2_host=192.168.122.2
--network_host=192.168.122.2
--floating_range=192.168.124.0/24

# flat DHCP mode
--dhcpbridge_flagfile=/etc/nova/nova.conf
--dhcpbridge=/usr/bin/nova-dhcpbridge
--fixed_range=192.168.125.0/24
--flat_network_dhcp_start=192.168.125.20
--flat_interface=eth2
--flat_network_bridge=br100
--flat_injected=False

What could be wrong here? Log files can be provided if necessary.

tia, Alex