[Openstack] [Nova-orchestration] Thoughts on Orchestration (was Re: Documentation on Caching)

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Apr 3 22:26:54 UTC 2012

Can't wait to hear about it Ziad!

Very cool!

-S
From: Ziad Sawalha
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 6:56 PM
To: Sriram Subramanian; Dugger, Donald D; Sandy Walsh
Cc: nova-orchestration at lists.launchpad.net; openstack at lists.launchpad.net
Subject: Re: [Openstack] [Nova-orchestration] Thoughts on Orchestration (was Re: Documentation on Caching)

Just confirming what Sandy said; I am playing around with SpiffWorkflow.
I'll post my findings when I'm done on the wiki under the Nova
Orchestration page.

So far I've found some of the documentation lacking and concepts
confusing, which has resulted in a steep learning curve and made it
difficult to integrate into something like RabbitMQ (for long-running
tasks). But the thinking behind it (http://www.workflowpatterns.com/)
seems sound and I will continue to investigate it.