[Openstack] Limit flavors to specific hosts

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 18:10:33 UTC 2012

On Apr 3, 2012, at 6:45 AM, Day, Phil wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Maybe the problem with host aggregates is that it too quickly became something that was linked to hypervisor capability, rather than being the more general mechanism of which one form of aggregate could be linked to hypervisor capabilities ?
>
> Should we have a “host aggregates 2.0” session at the Design Summit ?

+ 1

I think the primary use case is associating metadata with groups of hosts that can be interpreted by the scheduler.  Obviously, this same metadata can be used to create pools/etc. in the hypervisor, but we can't forget about the scheduler.  Modifying flags on the hosts for capabilities is ugly.

Vish