[Openstack] HELP: create VM failure

Philipp Wollermann wollermann_philipp at cyberagent.co.jp
Tue Apr 3 01:31:36 UTC 2012

Hi Sam,

did you check /etc/nova/nova-compute.conf ?
Ubuntu has this special configuration file in which the libvirt_type is set again, overriding what you set in nova.conf.
I didn't notice that on my first install of OpenStack on Ubuntu, causing instance spawning to fail.

Best regards,
Philipp Wollermann

Infrastructure Engineer
CyberAgent, Inc. (Tokyo)