[Openstack] Limit flavors to specific hosts

Ed_Conzel at DELL.com Ed_Conzel at DELL.com
Mon Apr 2 20:28:12 UTC 2012

+1

-----Original Message-----
From: openstack-bounces+ed_conzel=dell.com at lists.launchpad.net [mailto:openstack-bounces+ed_conzel=dell.com at lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf Of Jay Pipes
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 2:29 PM
To: openstack at lists.launchpad.net
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Limit flavors to specific hosts

Can I add a feature request to the below thoughtstream? Can we make it so that the management of these things can be done outside of config files? i.e. via a REST API with some simple middleware exposing the particular scheduler nodes' understanding of which capabilities/filters it is using to apply its scheduling algorithm?

Making changes to configuration files works OK for simple uses and testing, not so much for on-demand operations :) I say this after grumbling about similar configuration obstacles with ratelimits.

Best,
-jay