[Openstack] Documenting public sites with VM images

Christian Berendt berendt at b1-systems.de
Mon Apr 2 16:52:08 UTC 2012

Hi Lorin.

On 04/02/2012 05:11 PM, Lorin Hochstein wrote:
> I'm working on a doc update on where to download VM images that work
> with OpenStack <https://review.openstack.org/6055>. So far, I've got
> sections on CirrOS (Scott Moser's test image), Ubuntu and Fedora. Are
> there any other projects out there that have downloadable images that we
> can point users to?

Images build with http://susestudio.com/ are usable with OpenStack, too.

It's an easy way to build appliances for OpenSUSE and SLES 11 (SUSE
Linux Enterprise Server). You've to register there (for free) using an
OpenID to download or build images, but I think that's not that bad and
that it's still a public site.

As an example I built an OpenSUSE 12.1 (JeOS) image in appr. 2 minutes.

http://susestudio.com/a/YRUrwO/testing-instance-for-openstack-opensuse-121

HTH, Christian.

--
Christian Berendt