[Openstack] [Keystone] keystone filter and server

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at chmouel.com
Mon Apr 2 08:02:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 4:17 AM, Deepak Garg <deepakgarg.iitg at gmail.com> wrote:
> a. All the projects are using  middleware.auth_token.py from the
> keystone repo for basic token auth,  but if we now say that the
> filter_factory needs to be set to "keystone.middleware.auth_token",
> does that mean that keystone should to be installed on the same
> machine as that service ?
> b. If yes, does this also mean that keystone server should be running
> on all nodes ?

It  needs only the file auth_token.py and nothing else from keystone.
For dependencies on the server you'll need to have python-webob
installed and python-memcache/python-iso8601 if you use memcache
caching.

Hopefully packagers would create a sub-package from keystone source
with only auth_token in there easy to install on the hosts that need
it.

Chmouel.