[Openstack] Nova DB Connection Pooling

Ed Leafe ed.leafe at rackspace.com
Wed Sep 28 01:37:26 UTC 2011

On Sep 27, 2011, at 6:11 PM, Joshua Harlow wrote:

> Is there any info on what it does aggregate and what it doesn’t. Like flavors aren’t aggregated (I would think)? But instance listing is aggregated.

	I don't know if there is any formal documentation on this. But I know that host capabilities are aggregated; I'm assuming that volume availability is also either currently aggregated or is in development. Things like 'flavors' are usually defined on a deployment-wide basis, not on individual hosts, so aggregation doesn't really come into play. This is more related to the tangent that Chris Behrens started on DB replication: if you want to offer a new instance_type, you have to somehow propagate that info to all the zones in your deployment.

-- Ed Leafe

This email may include confidential information. If you received it in error, please delete it.