[Openstack] Nova DB Connection Pooling

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Sep 27 15:10:45 UTC 2011

POST .../zone/boot has been removed and integrated into POST .../servers/boot now, so there isn't really anything that shouldn't be public now. zone/select is still required for bursting scenarios.

From: openstack-bounces+sandy.walsh=rackspace.com at lists.launchpad.net [openstack-bounces+sandy.walsh=rackspace.com at lists.launchpad.net] on behalf of Ed Leafe [ed.leafe at rackspace.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:40 AM
To: Chris Behrens
Cc: openstack
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Nova DB Connection Pooling

On Sep 27, 2011, at 2:21 AM, Chris Behrens wrote:

> Not sure the 'data that are shared' is the right wording below, but I think I get the point.  The one thing that jumps out to me as a current 'issue' is the fact that the instance_types table must be kept in sync.  I can't think of anything else at the moment, but there might be something.

        That's true, but a completely separate discussion from the current one concerning scalability. This is a matter of ongoing maintenance, and one which I discussed a while ago when I proposed separating the internal-only, inter-zone part of novaclient from the public API part. What you've described is one of the use cases I pointed out where we would have a need for inter-zone functionality that should never be exposed to a public API.

-- Ed Leafe

This email may include confidential information. If you received it in error, please delete it.