[Openstack] Community metrics, developers' engagement

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Tue Sep 27 13:58:39 UTC 2011

We could also add documentation statistics as they can tell a story about
the supportive nature of the community. Would this be of interest to you?

Here are some examples:
April 22, 2011:
5 contributors to openstack-manuals
1,600 PDF downloads on docs.openstack.org
24,000 visits to docs.openstack.org
52,000 page views on docs.openstack.org

Sept 26, 2011:
18 doc contributors to openstack-manuals
160,000 visits to docs.openstack.org (May 1 to Sept 22)
673,000 pageviews (May 1 to Sept 22)
9,000 PDF downloads (May 1 to Sept 22)

These numbers are a good example showing the importance of tracking over
time with such a young project and community.

Also interesting to me are the search statistics and web statistics on the
docs website. Would you all like regular reports of these?

Let me know if it makes sense to include doc stats.
Anne

Anne Gentle | http://justwriteclick.com/

[image: Facebook] <http://facebook.com/conversationandcommunity>[image:
Linkedin] <http://linkedin.com/annegentle>[image: