[Openstack] Nova DB Connection Pooling

Chris Behrens chris.behrens at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Sep 27 07:21:51 UTC 2011

Not sure the 'data that are shared' is the right wording below, but I think I get the point.  The one thing that jumps out to me as a current 'issue' is the fact that the instance_types table must be kept in sync.  I can't think of anything else at the moment, but there might be something.

And the comment (not quoted below) about 'X' dashboards *I think* is invalid.  I don't know much about it..  does it talk more than to API?  If not, just point it at top level zone.

I'm really not a fan of distributed DB architectures if they can be avoided.  They add a lot of unneeded complexity and a lot more potential for breakage.  The instance type issue can be solved differently.  That said, it can be an interesting discussion topic. :)

- Chris